This is a great way to develop ball skills and hand-eye coordination.
To make a bionic ball you need a whiffle ball and 3-4 feet of one-half
inch stretch elastic-(wal-mart or k mart) proper length will be from shoulder
level to floor plus another 6-10 inches in length. Tie ball to one end and
make a wrist loop at opposite end. Wrist loop should be fairly snug.
You now have one bionic ball.
1. fielding practice-from a fielder's stance throw ball at a low level. Field
it as it comes back on one,two, or more bounces.Stay in your stance and
extend arms and hands forward to catch ball. Use both hands!!
2. Fly ball-Use an underhand motion.Step and throw-square up and catch.
3. fly ball from a bounce- Use oveerhand motion.throw ball at a spot out
in front. Experiment to find correct spot for ball to bounce and return back to you
After you find the right spot to throw to you get practice in throwing
for accuracy to this spot.
4. Punt and catch- Punt, catch ball on return
5. Toe kicks and soccer kicks-practice kicking skills w/o having to chase
6. footbag kicks-inside,outside, and back kicks to work on hackysack
Bionic ball allows for ultra high rep practice. Old tennis balls could
sub for whiffle balls. Drill holes with 1/4 inch bit and use coat hangar
to pull elastic through. Return to
Lesson Home Page